Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Software Technology Parks of India (STPI)

Software Technology Parks of India (STPI) is a government agency in India, established in 1991 under the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, that manages the Software Technology Park scheme. It is an export oriented scheme for the development and export of computer software, including export of professional services. 

The STP Scheme provides various benefits to the registered units, which includes:
  1. 100% foreign equity, 
  2. tax incentives, 
  3. duty-free import, 
  4. duty-free indigenous procurement, 
  5. CST reimbursement, 
  6. DTA entitlement, 
  7. deemed export etc.

STPI has played a seminal role in India having earned a reputation as an information technology superpower. STP units exported software and information technology worth Rs. 215264 crore in FY 2010-11. The state with the largest export contribution was Karnataka followed by Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. STPI has a presence in many of the major cities of India including the cities of Bangalore, Mysore, Trivandrum, Bhilai, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Gurgaon, Pune, Guwahati, Noida, Mumbai, Nagpur, Kolkata, Kanpur, Lucknow, Dehradun, Patna, Rourkela, Ranchi, Gandhinagar-Gujarat, Surat, Imphal, Shillong, Nashik etc.

STPI centers provide variety of services, which includes:
  1. High Speed Data Communication, 
  2. Incubation facility, Consultancy, 
  3. Network Monitoring, 
  4. Data Center, 
  5. Data Hosting etc. 
  6. provides physical hosting for the National Internet Exchange of India
  7. regulating the STP scheme


The tax benefits under the Income Tax Act Section 10A applicable to STP units has expired since March 2011. While the Government has chosen not to extend the Sec 10A benefits against the demand by the IT units, most of the STP registered SME units shall be affected, who now will have to pay Income Tax on profits earned from exports.

6 comments:

  1. Heya i am for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really useful & it helped me out a lot.
    I hope to give something back and aid others like you helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I found your site by means of Google even as searching for a comparable subject, your
    website came up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked
    it in my google bookmarks.
    Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and located that it's truly informative.
    I am going to be careful for brussels. I will be grateful
    if you happen to proceed this in future. Many people will be benefited
    from your writing. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wished to say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
    After all I'll be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you
    write again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Valuable info. Lucky me I discovered your web site accidentally, and
    I am stunned why this coincidence didn't took place in advance!
    I bookmarked it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gone to inform my little brother, that he should also pay a quick
    visit this webpage on regular basis to take updated
    from latest gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing to visit this web site and reading the views of all friends regarding this article, while I am also eager of getting know-how.

    ReplyDelete

Random Articles: